Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What to do, what to do!

I have no idea what flowers to use for the centerpieces, I have no idea who to use for a DJ, and I have no idea whether we should go with the creepy weird Oak Arbor church or not! For flowers I am between red dinner plate dahlias (which probably aren't available in December), pink or red hydrangeas, gerber daisies, or somehow using lily of the valley. Hydrangea seems like the smartest option to me right now, but it doesn't have me sold yet. Then DJ...I really have no clue. I don't want to just pick somebody out of a haystack and I've asked around but haven't gotten any solid recommendations. Now Oak Arbor is this church which is in the denomination called "The New Church" which already sounds a little strange to me. Then its attached to a school who only has 6 kids per class and each class has two freakin grades in it! Out of the two grades they could only get 6 kids!! To make things worse, its in the middle of this million dollar house subdivision which is actually called Oak Arbor. Not amongst houses, but in an actual subdivision. And the lady would not stop talking about their stupid rock. They have this huge 5'x5'x5' rock with the bible on it in the front of the church. So I might be being a little judgmental, but it didn't give me a good feeling. (its the church in the pictures below) However, it is PERFECT for decorating, the people are very flexible, and they are letting us use our own pastor! I might just need to concentrate on the positives and put the deposit down! Anyways just an update on the planning, I get to go try on dresses this weekend and I am so excited my grandma is coming!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Relax! Remember no matter where you choose to get married at the end of the day you will be Mrs Matthew Brummel. Go with the church you have and enjoy the rest of the planning. You deserve to have fun with this...:)Have so much fun with your grandma and mom this weekend trying on dresses...HOW EXCITING!!!!

Josh said...

Hi Gabby! I found some really great websites when I was deciding on flowers that showed what flowers were in season during different times of the year. That was very helpful and florists kept telling me to buy in season because it is way cheaper. The church that Josh and I got married at was a denomination that I had never heard of and the pastor was REALLY mean to me. Everything worked out fantastic though! I hope everything is well!!